Fat binders (aka fat blockers) are binding a percentage of dietary fats that you get with a food, making it indigestible. This leads to lower calorie consumption, slower digestion process which helps you control your food cravings, and lowers the cholesterol levels.
The latest fat binders available (you can see top 3 of them compared below) are standing by the effects outlined above, which cannot be said about outdated Chitosan-based fat blockers that simply don’t work for weight loss.
How Fat Blockers Work?
The active ingredients in fat blocking pills are interfering with dietary fats from your meals and bile acids. Being a soluble fiber by nature, it binds with the dietary fats and forms a fluid gel which is very hard to digest, so it comes out of your body undigested.
3 most known fat blocking components include:
Chitosan – organic long chain polysaccharide, found in the shells of crabs, shrimps and other sea habitants
Orlistat – synthetic compound acting as lipase inhibitor, mainly found in prescription drug Xenical. Has adverse effects and can only be prescribed to obese patients by GP.
Opuntia ficus-indica (aka Prickly Pear) – 100% organic cactus fibre complex with human-tested fat blocking effects. Highly recommended as the most effective fat loss supplement today.
If you want to prevent weight gain and effectively manage your weight, we recommend to use fat binder pills with NeOpuntia, which is a patented clinically tested Opuntia fibres complex. See the table above.
Clinical Background On Fat Binders – Are They Effective For Weight Loss?
All 3 main active fat blocking components were tested for the claimed effects that help us to determine the overall effectiveness for weight loss.
Chitosan has undergone several studies, including the double-blind placebo controlled study in the UK, but taking 1 gr of chitosan didn’t lead to loss of body mass on the patients. However, they didn’t gain any weight while being on high-fat and high-carb diet – good effect.
Only the US studies which involved 150 patients, Chitosan group lost 2.8 lbs on average in 60 days comparing to placebo group. Very moderate weight loss at best!
Opuntia ficus-indica is has undergone 4 clinical studies total, including the human double-blind placebo-controlled studies.
The clinical results show:
- 27,4% of dietary fat blocked from digestion compared to placebo
- Reduction of cholesterol levels
- Significant decrease of food cravings in patients
- Weight loss rate of 1-3 pounds a week with a healthy diet and physical activity
One of the top products actually undergone separate clinical study in 2011, when 98 patients from the UK took not just the active component, but actual product (Proactol) – and over 70% recorded weight loss of 1-3 pounds per week during the test period.
Pros and Cons Of Fat Binders
There’s no ideal slimming pill, so you need to understand the whole picture before you take fat binders.
- Chitosan fat blockers are NOT effective for weight loss due to the low dosage of active component
- Orlistat is a chemical substance and it has a lot of side effects, both short-term and long-term
- Almost all fat blockers (both synthetic and organic) may lead to some oily stools and leakage in some cases – that’s the nature of their action
- Taking fat blockers for a long time may lead to blocking the absorption of vitamins (B2). Make sure you take the adequate amount of vitamins if using chitosan in large dosages.
At the same time, fat binder pills are among our top recommended slimming pills due to the great effectiveness for weight loss.
- Fat binders are perfect for long-term weight loss (Most weight loss occurs in the first 6 months)
- The weight loss with fat binders is safe, without any significant side effects
- Typical weight loss rate is 1-3 lbs per week
- Fat binders are the best solution to prevent weight gain while you’re breaking your diet with starchy of fatty foods. Weight gain prevention effects are clinically proven
- Fat binders help to reduce the risks of heart problems, reducing the cholesterol levels
- Fat binders increase energy levels
- Fat binders with Opuntia significantly reduce your food cravings
In you really want to safely lose weight and experience all the positive effects of fat binder slimming pills, we highly suggest using the Opuntia-based fat binders, as they are the most advanced solution with numerous clinical trials and massive positive feedback from customers.
Check Out #1 Recommended Fat Binder